Yesterday, CBS News investigative reporter Sharyl Attkisson told radio show host Laura Ingraham that the White House yelled and swore at her over her reporting on the Fast and Furious gunrunning scandal tied to the deaths of two U.S. law enforcement agents. Attkisson also revealed that she'd also been yelled at by the Justice Department.
...Today, I called CBS News in an attempt to interview Attkisson. I was told by CBS News senior vice president of communications Sonya McNair that Attkisson would be unavailable for interviews all week. When I asked why Attkisson would be unavailable, McNair would not say.
With 200 Mexican nationals and two American law enforcement personnel already dead, Eric Holder's Operation Fast and Furious is ten times bigger than Watergate and Iran-Contra combined.
And the White House is actively attempting to suppress media coverage of the scandal.
Before she was muzzled, Atkkisson described their screaming jag as follows: "[The White House and Justice Department] will tell you that I'm the only reporter--as they told me--that is not reasonable. They say the Washington Post is reasonable, the LA Times is reasonable, the New York Times is reasonable, I'm the only one who thinks this is a story, and they think I'm unfair and biased by pursuing it."
For the slow learners in legacy media, let me see if I can summarize the events of the week:
• One of your family members, a fellow journalist, is being attacked by the federal government for reporting the news.
• A collection of anarchists, 9/11 Truthers, Jew-haters, Marxists and druggies have assembled on Wall Street and in other urban locations demanding a revolution (in truth, a counter-revolution) against capitalism and the American way of life.
• This assemblage of crackpots is supported by the Democrat Party's political organs including the Soros-funded MorOn.org, rich union bosses like Dick Trumka, and Ron Paul.
• In addition, mainstream Democrat politicians are openly supporting the totalitarian agenda of the Marxist left.
• Furthermore, discredited front groups like ACORN and, by implication, the President's political action wing (Organizing For America) are actively participating in the festivities.
Attention pro journalists: this isn't your Dad's Democrat Party any longer.
This is a totalitarian movement openly bent on the destruction of capitalism and the American system. And you -- ostensibly part of a "free press" -- are tacitly encouraging the destruction of our institutions, including your own livelihoods.
I'd encourage you to rethink your support of this administration... before it's too late.